Committed to Anacostia since 1986
ARCH is a small, nonprofit neighborhood-based organization with its entire focus on the economic regeneration of Washington DC’s Historic Community of Anacostia, using arts, culture, and the creative economy.
Mission: To create, in partnership with the residents and stakeholders of the neighborhood, a home for arts, culture, and small businesses fulfilling our commitment to the revitalization of Historic Anacostia.
Vision: Anacostia should be a vibrant residential and commercial neighborhood that retains its historic charm and is filled with small businesses and cultural organizations that serve Anacostia residents and create a destination for visitors.
- Provide support services to existing small businesses.
- Assist new small businesses to locate in Anacostia
- Present high quality arts in ARCH venues
- Assist artists, arts and culture organizations to find a home in Anacostia
- Present programs that promote art by and for underrepresented populations
- Provide support to artists who live or work east of the river
- Bring visitors and their disposable income into the neighborhood
- Advocate for policies and projects that enhance the vitality of the community